UVSE currently has three openings for Special Education:
Educational Strategist/ Special Education Teacher is one who is credentialed in the areas of learning disabilities, emotional disturbance, and intellectual disabilities. This person is able to case manage and provide services for students of these categories.
- Provide services to students in individual, small group, or classroom settings.
- Provide consultative services to regular educators and building level support teams. Consultation may include assisting in modifying curriculum and adapting materials.
- Participate in the identification process of special education students by serving on a multidisciplinary team in accordance with federal and state procedural guidelines.
- Develop Individual Education Plans for students with disabilities to include parent contact, scheduling and facilitating meetings, and completion of all paperwork as required according to federal and state procedural guidelines. The case manager is responsible for monitoring IEP compliance.
- Keep special education files current and filed in the school and UVSE offices. A working file in the special education classroom is allowable.
- Maintain a record of progress toward goals and objectives. This includes charting.
- Provide on-site training and oversee paraeducators in accordance with the recommended procedures from DPI.
- Follow current procedures specific to the UVSE unit.
- Attend meetings as determined by the Director of Special Education.
- Other such duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education. Communicate with outside agencies.
- Serve as a liaison on behalf of students on issues related to medication, outside therapies, juvenile court matters, and other needs as deemed necessary to promote student success in educational and community settings.
- Manage specific health care needs. Arrange job training programs within the community or the school to include identifying job sites and arranging job coaching when applicable.